Bottero Chooses Altair HyperWorks Simulation Platform for Development of Glass Production Lines
Bottero to use HyperWorks simulation and optimization technology to develop innovative new products and solutions for the glass industry
TROY, Mich. July 25, 2008
– Altair Engineering, a leading global provider of technology and services that empower client innovation and decision-making, announced today that Bottero, a world leader in the design and construction of hollow and flat glass production lines, has selected Altair HyperWorks as their preferred computer-aided engineering (CAE) suite for the optimization and verification of structural components used in their production lines. Bottero’s short-term goals include the introduction of an innovative product line and the development of advanced forming-machine solutions. The company chose HyperWorks because it offers a complete solution for the simulation and optimization of mechanical components.
“Because of this software choice we expect to shorten our development cycle and reduce the number of physical prototypes we build,” said Claudio Borsarelli, technical manager of the Bottero S.p.A. Hollow Glass division. “We will now be able to fill our customers’ needs in the shortest time possible. Our machines are always customized to end-user requirements, so it’s not always possible for us to rely on existing models in serving our customers.”
“The glass market is expanding strongly. We envision the introduction of new technologies in our entire product line in the short term, so we need to simulate the entire production system under different usage conditions to make sure that all aspects of the design are thoroughly worked out. We are confident that the solutions offered within HyperWorks will help us to make this happen,” he continues.
“We are very pleased with Bottero’s choice of HyperWorks,” said Cosimo Panetta, managing Director of Altair Engineering, Italy. “Our software suite will help Bottero engineers to develop products faster and satisfy their customers’ timeline requirements. Companies in the packaging industry value the capabilities of HyperWorks, because they cover almost every aspect of the development cycle and help make engineering decisions possible earlier in the design cycle. They will therefore help to reduce Bottero’s product development time and reduce prototyping costs while ensuring even higher product quality.”
The Bottero Group, managed by Leonardo Ghinamo, was founded in Cuneo (Italy) in 1957 and is today one of the most important manufacturers of machinery and production lines for the glass industry worldwide, with 80% of total sales coming from export.
The Bottero Group consists of the following companies:
- Bottero Finanziaria, the holding corporation for all companies within the Bottero Group.
- Bottero S.p.A., the largest company of the Group, responsible for engineering tasks and the production of machinery for flat glass and hollow glass products, able to develop and manufacture almost any type of customized solution within its engineering division.
- Revimac S.r.l., responsible for maintaining and updating the Hollow Glass machinery.
- Industrie Cometto S.p.A. a world specialist serving several industries with the development and production of trailers, semi-trailers, heavy transport trailers and self-propelled transporters. For the glass industry, the company has produced the glass transporter.
- Ca.Ri.Co. S.r.l., manufacturer of fabricated steel components used in Cometto vehicles.
- Bimatech S.r.l., specializing in the development and manufacture of numerically controlled work centers for shape edging, shape beveling, drilling and shape grooving on flat glass. The company’s headquarters are in Pesaro (Italy).
Altair Engineering, Inc. empowers client innovation and decision-making through technology that optimizes the analysis, management and visualization of business and engineering information. Privately held with more than 1,400 employees, Altair has offices throughout North America, South America, Europe and Asia/Pacific. With a 20-year-plus track record for enterprise analytics, product development, and advanced computing, Altair consistently delivers a competitive advantage to customers in a broad range of industries. To learn more, please visit www.altair.com