Michigan Solid-State Lighting Association Expands with
Addition of 10 Members and Launch of New Website
Increased awareness of solid-state lighting industry sparks growth of Michigan association
TROY, Mich. – April 20, 2010
– As the focus on creating more sustainable and environmentally friendly forms of solid-state lighting continues to sharpen, the Michigan Solid-State Lighting Association (MSSLA) has doubled its membership in recent weeks. With the addition of 10 companies to its roster and the launch of its new website http://www.MSSLA.org
, the MSSLA now has 20 members.
Established in 2009, the MSSLA was formed in a collaborative effort among Michigan-based corporations, universities, and state agencies engaged in manufacturing, research or development of solid-state lighting products. As environmental consciousness and the use of more sustainable products continues to grow, the MSSLA mission is to help ensure that Michigan becomes a global leader in solid-state lighting manufacturing, research, and development through knowledge-sharing, education and public-policy advocacy.
The new members of MSSLA are:
- Alumalight – high-output light fixture manufacturer for commercial, governmental and recreational facilities
- Avnet - global electronics distributor specializing in design and supply chain
- B&P Electric – electrical contractor
- CoreLED Systems – LED systems designer and manufacturer
- Gasser Bush Associates – lighting manufacturer representative
- LexaLite – light-control components manufacturer
- Lighting Enterprises – lighting distributor
- Lighting Supply Company – commercial lighting distributor
- Lumecon – LED lighting manufacturer and manufacturer's representative
- LumenFlow – photonics designer and manufacturer
“The growth of the MSSLA is concurrent to the growth that the industry is experiencing, which is expected to increase drastically as solid-state lighting advances and becomes more widely adopted,” said Dave Simon, president of the MSSLA. “The more companies that become involved in the MSSLA, the more we will be able to help ensure Michigan has the greatest opportunity to emerge as the leader in producing the next level of energy-efficient lighting.”
Founding members of the MSSLA include DTE Energy
, Midwest Circuits
, Relume Technologies
, Michigan Department of Energy, Labor & Economic Growth
, University of Michigan
, Wayne State University
and XUS LED Lighting
The launch of the new website at http://www.MSSLA.org
will serve as a resource for companies to learn more about the MSSLA and its membership opportunities, as well as a portal for recent MSSLA news and a connection to industry resources and events.
Solid-state lighting refers to the use of light-emitting diodes (LEDs) as sources of illumination, rather than electrical filaments, plasma or gas. Benefits of solid-state lighting include an environmentally friendly design that is mercury free and provides a long-term energy-efficient source of light.
About the Michigan Solid-State Lighting Association (MSSLA)
Established in 2009 and based in Detroit, Mich., the Michigan Solid-State Lighting Association is dedicated to ensuring that Michigan is a global leader in solid-state lighting manufacturing, research and development through knowledge-sharing, education and public- policy advocacy. By leveraging the intellectual properties and technical expertise of its members, the MSSLA intends to promote environmentally friendly lighting options in the state and to advance the companies it represents. For more information, visit www.MSSLA.org